Friday, May 20, 2011

Grandma's Hutch

In an earlier post, I was telling you about my grandma's kitchen make over. This is a picture of her hutch before I got a hold of it. We wanted to lighten everything up a bit. The fronts of the cupboards below aren't even wood, their like a plastic facade, not that that matters to me, it had character, somewhere.


Here is after long hours in my garage. It's a nice Ivory color with a walnut colored-brown in the recessed areas. Really liked how it turned out. I also put it up on some bun feet to make it feel more substantial and also because looks more polished that way, like the way you feel when you wear heels instead of flats. Then we went accessory shopping around grandma's house, she has nice robin-egg blue books and pottery pieces. Here she is:


Closeup of the distressing:



No comments:

Post a Comment