Friday, May 20, 2011

Fabric is Fabric...

This is a tip worth remembering. In our attempt to reuse, recycle, and re-invent we need not overlook and important little rule that "Fabric is Fabric." Curtains can be made from sheets, a table runner out of a piece of burlap, a throw from a table runner, and in this case a pillow from an old shirt. This project holds particular sentimental value because it was for my grand-ma-ma. After my great aunt Lucille died (my grandma's sister in law) about a year ago, I was given some of her old clothes, which had a lot of character.  We were also in the middle of my grandma's kitchen renovation. We thought that some pillows on her bench would look nice when I remembered Lucille's robin-egg blue sweater with pearly buttons, and a pillow was born, complete with rosettes and pearl button details. It is not only nice to look at, but provides a bit of history and a piece of a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment