Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mi gusta Decorating mucho!



My hubby, aka Josh, loves to make fun of my spanish abilities or disabilities frequently, but I don't let that stop me. For those of you who don't "habla espaniol" I was merely saying that I love decorating mucho! I have a background in graphic arts, but I have found that my love for design and such spills over into a all other aspects of my life. I do not profess to be a great decorating, but I do know that I enjoy it alot. I think it's a great creative outlet----to be able to personalize a home, so that people feel like they know something about you just by walking in your door. I love to walk into a room that feels warm and comfortable and clean. I love to explore all of the possibilities that a room has to offer. I love the fact that there is no "right answer" in decorating, there could be several thousands of solutions to a problem (this is most likely why I've always stunk at math and pursed an art degree to avoid it). To me, there is nothing better than curling up with some paper and my sharpie fine point marker and just dream!

So Many Options....
Here is some options that my friend and I were discussing. She has a little black console table she would like to put in her dining room. She also has some existing artwork in nice black frames, oh, and a nice tall ceiling---so we've got some space to cover. If anyone has ideas, we welcome them, or comment on your favorite.

Option No. 1
Large framed existing piece of artwork with matching buffet lamps to widen the
size of the art.  Topped with a quote, iron piece, or ribbon on hook for hanging.


Option No. 2
Twin framed pictures topped with a shelf made from iron plant hangers,
and a slab of distressed wood. Monogramed cream-colored pieces of
China line the shelf.
Option No. 3
Four framed or not pieces of artwork. I'm thinking some botanical prints
with the scientific names or something. A vinyl or painted quote above them
would help heighten the group.







No comments:

Post a Comment